by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 12 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 8019 times
The perfect dessert to celebrate the spirit of Christmas, Chocolaty Snowballs offer your palate sheer joy. A mix of Marie biscuits and crumbled chocolate sponge cake provide the snowballs a melt-in-the-mouth texture, while cranberries pose a tangy match to the intense dark chocolate flavour of this dessert. Rolling the snowballs in desiccated coconut improves the texture and also gives the snowballs the attractive appearance that the name deserves. If you are not serving immediately, you can refrigerate it, and use for up to three days. In fact, refrigeration gives it a crunch, which you will thoroughly enjoy.
- Melt the dark chocolate in a microwave safe bowl on high for 1 minute and mix well.
- Add the marie biscuits, cranberries and chocolate sponge cake and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 15 equal portions and roll each portion into a round ball.
- Roll the chocolate balls in the dessicated coconut till they are evenly coated from all the sides.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate.
- The chocolaty snowballs will stay fresh at room temperature for a day and for 3 days when refrigerated in an air-tight container.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per snowball
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.