Chocolaty Muffins Recipe
by Tarla Dalal
3/5 stars 50% LIKED IT
1 GOOD - 1 BAD
Added to 27 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 10011 times
An easy and foolproof eggless muffin recipe that is sure to fascinate you with its rich, chocolaty flavour.
Curds and butter impart the required softness to these muffins while a combination of cocoa powder and molten dark chocolate is used to impart the intense flavour and texture, which are best relished warm.
So, either serve these Chocolaty Muffins fresh off the oven, or microwave each muffin for 20 seconds just before serving to revive the seductive chocolatiness.
You can also try other muffins like Banana Walnut Muffins or Orange Raisins Muffin .
- Sieve the plain flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and baking soda together in a deep bowl and keep aside.
- Combine the butter and sugar in a deep bowl and mix it well using a spatula.
- Add the remaining ¼ cup of curds and the remaining sieved plain flour- cocoa powder mixture and again mix gently with the help of a spatula.
- Add the remaining ¼ cup of curds and sieved plain flour- cocoa powder mixture and again mix gently with the help of a spatula.
- Grease the muffin moulds with little melted butter and dust them with the help of a little plain-flour.
- Pour 2 tbsp of the prepared batter in each mould, place a chocolate cube and cover it with another 2 tbsp of batter. Tap each mould properly to make sure that no air remains.
- Bake the muffins in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 20 to 22 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, keep aside to cool slightly and de-mould it.
- Serve warm or store in an air-tight container.
Nutrient values per muffin
|Vitamin A||380.7 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.5 mg|
|Vitamin C||0.2 mg|
|Folic Acid||2 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.