Chocolate silk tart
Added to 9 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 1671 times
Add your private note
Chocolate silk tart recipe - How to make Chocolate silk tart
Cooking Time: Total Time:
1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
1/3 cup sugar
4 egg yolk
1 2/3 cups all purpose flour
1/3 cup cocoa powder1 tsp salt
6 oz bittersweet or semisweet chocolate, chopped
3/4 cup whipping cream
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tbsp brandy
- Cream butter and sugar together. stir in egg yolks, adding one at a time.
- Sift together flour, cocoa and salt and add to butter mixture. mix until dough just comes together. shape in to a disc and chill until ready to roll. if preparing ahead of time, pull dough from fridge an hour before rolling.
- Preheat oven to 350 f.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to just over 1/4-inch thickness. line an 8-inch removable-bottom tart shell with dough, trim edges and chill for 20 minutes. dock pastry with a fork and bake for 18-20 minutes. allow to cool.
- Reduce oven temperature to 325 f.
- Place chopped chocolate in a large bowl. heat cream to just below a simmer and pour over chocolate. let it sit for a minute then stir slowly. stir in vanilla and chambord.
- Whisk an egg in a small cup then stir into chocolate. pour into chocolate shell and bake for 12 minutes. let cool for 15 minutes, then chill for 2 hours, before slicing.
This recipe was contributed by juneshweta on 08 Aug 2005
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.