Chocolate creme brulee
Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 1313 times
1.while using blow torch,make sure its a few inches away from face.
Add your private note
Chocolate creme brulee recipe - How to make Chocolate creme brulee
Cooking Time: Total Time:
Fresh Cream - 2 cups
cooking chocolate - 2 square pieces
Egg yolks - 4 nos
Sugar - 100 g or 2 tbsp equivalent
Vanilla bean - half of one pod
Sugar - 4 to 6 tsp
4 to 6 Ramekins
- 1.pour fresh cream in a milk pan.
- 2.halve the vanilla bean and scrape it with the knife and add to the fresh cream
- 3.now heat the cream in a low flame
- 4.while its boiling; put chocolate pieces in a small vessel and place it over another vessel with water and heat.(this is for melting the chocolate)
- 5.cook till the chocolate pieces melt.
- 6.bring the fresh cream to a boil and switch it off
- 7.take a bowl put 4 egg yolks and sugar and beat well.
- 8.next is tempering;add three table spoons of cream to the egg mixture slowly,while beating the egg simultaneously.
- 9.also add the melted chocolate to egg mix in the same way.
- 9.pour all the cream left and beat the mixture well.
- 10.strain the mixture to another vessel.
- 11.make sure there are no air bubbles
- 12.preheat the oven,gas mark 325 deg c
- 13.fill each ramekin almost full
- 14.now take a large baking tray and place the
- 15.slowly pour water into the baking tray and fill upto half the height of ramekins(take care not to spill water into the ramekins)
- 16.place the tray in preheated oven and cook for 35 mins or cook till the mixture is hard/set
- 17.take out of oven,remove the ramekins from the tray and place it on a cooling rack/another tray.
- 18.refrigerate it for atleast 4 hrs to make it completely set.
- 19.remove from the refrigerator,put 1 tsp sugar on top of each ramekin.
- 20.dust excess sugar and clean the side of ramekins
- 21.using a cooking/blow torch; burn the sugar until golden brown(some dark brown spots should also be there).
- 22.let the sugar set for about 10-15 seconds
- 23.now that your dessert is ready,you can serve it right away..!!!
This recipe was contributed by moluty on 02 Apr 2006
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.