Chocolate and Butter Biscuits
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 118 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 35227 times
These melt-in-the-mouth biscuits are loaded with butter and cocoa, two potent ingredients that have the power to transform any food into an irresistible treat. You will find that the butter not only gives this biscuit a fabulous texture but also a rich flavour, notably buttery.
A dash of vanilla highlights the strengths of cocoa, making the Chocolate and Butter Biscuits all the more appealing. Enjoy these biscuits with a cupful of your favourite beverage !
- Sieve the flour and sugar together.
- Add the butter, mix well and knead into a smooth dough without using any water.
- Divide the dough into two equal parts.
- In one portion of the dough, add the vanilla essence and mix well.
- In another portion of the dough, add the cocoa powder and mix well.
- Divide each portion of dough again into two.
- Place a portion of the vanilla roll on a clean, dry surface. Place a portion of the chocolate roll next to it, so that they are side by side. On top of these rolls, place the second set of rolls so that a vanilla roll is on top of the chocolate one and vice versa.
- Press all the rolls lightly together so that the entire dough is joined.
- Roll it lightly using a thick rolling pin to form a 9” by 7” rectangle.
- Cut them into 9 long strips vertically using a sharp knife. Now cut them in the centre horizontally to get 18 pieces in total.
- Bake them in a pre-heated oven at 180°c (360°f) for 20 minutes.
- Cool and serve immediately or store in an air-tight container and use as required.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per biscuit
Missed out on our mailers?
Our mailers are now online!
View Mailer Archive
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.