Chocolate Walnut Tart
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 164 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 27223 times
Crisp pastry topped with dates, walnuts and chocolate. Rich, nutritious and divine.
- Blend the ingredients for the filling in a food processor.
- Keep aside.
- Put the cream in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Remove from the fire, add the milk chocolate and mix well to get a smooth sauce. Cool completely and keep aside.
- Spread the date filling mixture on top of the baked pastry base.
- Cover with the topping.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180°c (360°f) for 15 to 20 minutes or until the tart is golden brown. Cool completely.
- Top the tart with the milk chocolate sauce.
- Garnish with the walnut halves and whipped cream.
- Cut into wedges.
- Serve warm.
- Instead of dates, you can also use dried figs soaked in water for 15 minutes.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.