Chocolate Swiss Roll with Vanilla Ice Cream
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 145 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 36397 times
Vanilla ice-cream and raisins rolled into chocolate cake make a terrific combination.
- Sieve the plain flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and soda bi-carb together.
- Mix the condensed milk, vanilla essence and butter very well.
- Mix the flour mixture and condensed milk mixture very well.
- Add a little water at a time, while stirring continuously so that about 150 ml. Water is added.
- Pour the batter into a swiss roll tin and bake in hot oven at 170 degree c ( 340 degree f) for 10 to 15 minutes.
- When the cake is ready, remove and cool slightly. Spread a polythene sheet on an even surface, spread some ground sugar on it and put the cake with the top side facing up. Spread more sugar and roll.
- Keep aside for 15 to 20 minutes till completely cooled.
- Unroll the cake. Spread the ice-cream evenly and sprinkle soaked raisins on top.
- Roll agian and wrap in a polythene sheet. Store in the freezer compartment of a refrigerator.
- To serve, cut into slices and serve with chocolate sauce.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.