Chocolate Sponge Cake - Eggless
Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 1600 times
When preparing cakes check to see that all the ingredients are ready in front of you and within easy reach. Make sure scales are accurate in order to weigh the ingredients properly. It is advisable to never guess the quantities, the time and the temperature while baking.
Sieving the flour is necessary as it helps remove lumps in it.
The ovens should also be at the right temperatures.
- Sieve the flour with the cocoa powder, baking powder and the soda-bi-carb and mix well.
- Cream the butter and condensed milk gently with a spatula.
- Lightly mix in the sieved flour mixture and beat with a beater to get a smooth batter.
- Add the essence and mix well.
- Pour the batter in a greased and lined tin abd bake in a pre-heated oven 180 degrees C for 20-25 mins.
- Place a wire rack on top of the tin.
- Invert the tin, remove the cake, separate the lining paper and let cool.
- Dust with icing sugar if you want a plain sponge cake.
- Garnish with cream and icing as desired and serve.
This recipe was contributed by Nudecakes on 26 Dec 2014Enjoy delicious fruit cakes. If you are looking for tasty fruit cakes, sponge cakes to decorate and ...
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.