Added to 30 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 15041 times
Chocolate roll is a delicious mithai or Indian dessert recipe with grated khoya cooked with sugar and rolled out in two parts. The one part is mixed with cocoa powder while the other has crushed nuts. The chocolate rolls are sliced and served as mithai after meals.
- Grind the biscuits to make a fine powder and sieve together with drinking
- Chocolate and half the quantity of powdered sugar. mix well and make a
- Stiff dough by adding little milk. make 4 balls out of this and keep aside.
- Add the coconut powder and remaining quantity of powdered sugar in butter
- And mix well. divide this into 4 portions
- Now place one ball between two plastic sheets and roll to form approximate
- 8 inches round. remove the plastic sheet on top and place one portion of
- Coconut mixture and spread evenly on the chocolate layer. make a roll
- Carefully and place it on a plate. repeat this for the remaining 3 balls .
- Refrigerate the four rolls for 2 hours ( no need to place in the freezer
- Compartment ) and then cut into pieces.
This recipe was contributed by karish on 29 Jun 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.