by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 58 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 22853 times
An evergreen favourite with kids, the Chocolate Pie is traditionally a time-consuming dessert. Now, here is how you can make it quickly and easily using the microwave. All it takes is a few minutes to prepare a biscuit base, a few more minutes to prepare a creamy, chocolaty topping, and a few hours to set in the refrigerator. Garnish with loads of grated chocolate, and serve chilled. Not only will kids enjoy this, but the irresistible chocolatiness of this dessert with kindle the kids inside adults too!
- Combine the biscuit and melted butter in a bowl and mix well.
- Press the mixture into the base of a 150 mm. (6") loose-bottomed pie dish.
- Refrigerate for 15 to 20 minutes or till the base is firm.
- Combine the chocolate and milk in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave on high for 30 to 40 seconds. Mix gently till no lumps remain. Keep aside.
- Combine the beaten whipped cream, powdered sugar and vanilla essence in another bowl and fold gently.
- Add the prepared chocolate-milk mixture and fold gently. Keep aside.
- Spread the filling evenly over the set biscuit base and refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours or set till firm.
- De-mould the pie, garnish with grated chocolate, cut into 6 equal wedges and serve chilled.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per wedge
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.