Chocolate Nougat Cake ( Eggless Desserts Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 96 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 36631 times
Here is another sponge-based delight. The chocolate nougat cake features a chocolate sponge topped with a rich creamy chocolate filling and coated with praline on all the sides. The nougat praline gives a fantastic crunch to this cake, and is in fact what makes this cake so brilliant.
- Combine the chocolate and milk in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave on high for 40 seconds. Remove from the microwave and mix well until no lumps remain.
- Allow the chocolate to cool at room temperature.
- Add the beaten whipped cream and fold gently. Keep aside.
- Cool and slice the sponge cake horizontally into 2 equal layers. This recipe makes use of only the bottom layer of the cake.
- Soak the bottom layer of the sponge cake with the soaking syrup.
- Wrap a 75 mm. (3") strip of greaseproof paper around the edge of the soaked sponge.
- Pour the topping onto this lined sponge and spread evenly using a palate knife.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours or till the topping sets.
- Remove from the refrigerator and peel off the greaseproof paper strip carefully.
- Sprinkle almond praline evenly on top and the sides of the cake.
- Cut into 6 equal wedges and serve chilled.
- You can also melt the chocolate-milk mixture on a double boiler.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per wedge
Missed out on our mailers?
Our mailers are now online!
View Mailer Archive
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.