Chocolate Ice Cream
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 140 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 44629 times
- Mix the cocoa, drinking chocolate and custard powder in 1 teacup of cold milk.
- Put the rest of the milk to boil with the sugar. When it starts boiling, add the chocolate mixture gradually. Go on cooking and stirring for 4 minutes.
- Cool the mixture.
- Add the fresh cream and vanilla essence.
- If desired, add the cooking chocolate cut into small pieces to the mixture.
- Prepare the ice-cream in an ice-cream churner.
- For recipes which require use of an ice-cream churner, either a hand or an electric churner can be used. The churning incorporates air and gives a ---
- --light texture. Churned ice-creams can be prepared ahead and stored in the refrigerator in a plastic box or in a vessel covered on top with ----
- ---polyethylene. In this way, the formation of ice crystals is avoided.
- VARIATION : CHOCO-NUT ICE-CREAM
- Add praline pieces to the chocolate ice-cream mixture and then prepare the ice-cream.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||412.9 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin C||2.1 mg|
|Folic Acid||12.1 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.