Chocolate Filled Shortbreads
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 373 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 25757 times
Shortbreads with a scrumptious chocolate cheese filling.
- Sieve together the flour, baking powder and cornflour. Keep aside.
- Cream the icing sugar and butter till light and fluffy.
- Add the flour mixture and mix well to make a soft dough. Refrigerate for about 15 minutes.
- Combine all the ingredients and divide into 18 to 20 portions.
- Keep aside.
- Divide the dough into 2 portions and roll out each portion into a sheet of 3 mm. (1/8") thickness.
- Brush one sheet with cold water and place portions of the filling on it at an equal distance from each other.
- Cover with the second sheet and press down around each mound of filling.
- Cut into circles using a 75 mm. (3") diameter cookie cutter, ensuring that the filling stays in the centre.
- Knead the left-over portion of the dough and repeat steps 1 to 4.
- Place the cookies on a greased baking tray and bake in a pre-heated oven at 180°C (360°F) for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove form the oven and cool on a wire rack.
- Using a sieve, dust the cookies with cocoa powder.
- Store in an air-tight container.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per shortbread
Missed out on our mailers?
Our mailers are now online!
View Mailer Archive
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.