Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 2524 times
Why bake when you can make an entire dessert on the stove top? These dumpling are often requested by my family for special events like birthdays and Kitty parties.
- In a heavy skillet, combine the brown sugar, cocoa, cornflour and salt.
- Add water and whisk well and cook while stirring constantly, until mixture begins to boil and thicken slightly.
- Add butter and mix well.
- Remove sauce from heat while make dumplings. Keep aside.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, salt, sugar and cocoa powder and sieve well.
- Add the butter and mix well till the mixture looks like bread crumbs.
- Combine the egg, milk and vanilla essence and mix well.
- Add the flour mixture gradually and mix well.
- Return skillet to heat, bring the chocolate sauce to boil.
- Drop dumplings by spoonfuls into hot sauce.
- Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 20 minutes.
- Serve warm with whipped cream or ice cream.
This recipe was contributed by supriya006 on 09 Feb 2015
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.