by Tarla Dalal
Added to 91 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 28562 times
An interesting way to serve your favourite ice-cream........in an edible cup!
- Chop the chocolate into small even-sized pieces and put them in a bowl.
- Place the bowl on top of a double boiler, taking care to see that the base of the bowl is not in contact with the water in the double boiler.
- Once the chocolate starts melting, stir continuously till the chocolate melts completely and resembles a smooth sauce [about 42°C (108°F)].
- Immediately remove from the double boiler and pour onto a clean, dry marble surface or your kitchen platform.
- Cool the chocolate to room temperature using a palette knife by using the flat side in an up and down motion, so that the chocolate cools evenly and no lumps remain [approx. 26°C (80°F)].
- At room temperature, the chocolate will be neither warm nor cool. To test the temperature of the chocolate, touch it with the back of your finger.
- Put the chocolate back into the bowl with the help of your palette knife or dough cutter.
- Wrap the outer surface of the tart mould with foil neatly so that all the grooves on the mould are visible.
- Dip the outer surface of the tart (clean and dry) mould into the melted chocolate, remove the excess chocolate by giving the mould a slight shake. This also ensures that the chocolate coats the mould evenly.
- Upturn this mould and place it on grease proof paper. Refrigerate for about 10 minutes. Dip the mould again in the melted chocolate to get a thicker layer of chocolate and refrigerate again.
- Repeat steps 8 and 9 to make 3 more cups.
- Upturn the mould and tap lightly to unmould the chocolate cups.
- Remove the foil and store refrigerated.
- You can use any smooth glass or even plastic cups to make these chocolate cups.
- GOLDEN RULES OF CHOCOLATE :
- Do not over-heat chocolate since when overcooked.
- The chocolate turns from a glossy, liquid mass to a dull, coarse textured mass in which case, the chocolate will have to be discarded.
- The chocolate will thicken while you are working on it.
- If this happens, melt it again on the double boiler, taking care to see it does not burn.
- Ensure that the water from the base of the pan does not come in contact with the chocolate.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.