Chocolate Cupcakes with Vanilla Frosting
by Nitika Jain
Added to 3 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 8525 times
Chocolate and vanilla are always my favourite!!
- Cream the margarine and cream cheese until just combined.
- Add the confectioners' sugar 1/2 cup at a time, mixing each addition until smooth and creamy.
- Add the vanilla and beat until fluffy and smooth. Keep tightly covered and refrigerated until ready to use, then pipe/spread onto fully cooled cupcakes.
- Preheat oven to 180 º C. Line muffin pan with paper liners. Keep aside.
- Combine the soy milk and vinegar in a large bowl, and set aside for a few minutes to curdle.
- Add the sugar, oil, and vanilla extract and beat till foamy. Keep aside.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Add in two batches to wet ingredients and beat until no lumps remain (or very few remain).
- Pour into liners, filling each with 1/4 cup of batter. Bake 18-20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Transfer to a cooling rack and let cool completely.
- Put the prepared vanilla frosting on the cupcakes and serve.
This recipe was contributed by Nitika Jain on 04 Mar 2011I love cooking..... i indulge in eggless cooking.... i love baking cakes... making ice creams, desse...
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.