by Tarla Dalal
This recipe has been viewed 111 times
It was one of those days when we were so excited about a dish that we overlooked one small detail! Yes, we decided to bake a chocolate walnut tart but after rolling the dough, we stowed it right into the oven without pricking it with a fork.
What we got was a tasty but puffed-up tart. Who has the heart to waste a chocolaty treat – so we decided to make the most of it by transforming it into a deconstructed dessert!
Well you don’t have to go wrong to make this yummy Chocolate Crumble though. Just make the dough, roll it into a circle, bake it, crumble it, and proceed with this recipe.
Dotted with walnuts, layered with glossy chocolate ganache, and baked to perfection, this dessert is a perfect combo of soft and crunchy textures, which just fuse and melt on your palate!
The interplay of walnuts with chocolate is just too heavenly to describe. So, just go for it!
You can also try other delightful desserts like the Pineapple Crumble or Chocolate Pinwheels.
- Heat the fresh cream in a saucepan and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally. Switch off the flame.
- Put the chocolate in a deep bowl, add the hot cream and mix well till the chocolate melts completely. Keep aside.
- Combine the butter and sugar in a deep bowl and beat with an electric beater for 1 to 2 minutes till well combined and smooth.
- Add the flour and powdered walnuts to the butter-sugar mixture and mix well with an electric beater for 1 to 2 minutes till well combined. Shape into a dough using your hands.
- Roll out the dough into a 175 mm. (7”) diameter circle. Arrange the rolled out dough in a greased 150 mm. (6”) diameter loose bottom pie dish.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 15 minutes.
- Cool it slightly and crumble it. Keep aside.
- Spread the chocolate ganache in a 150 mm. (6") diameter baking dish.
- Spread the crumb evenly over it.
- Spread the chopped walnuts evenly over it.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 10 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.