Chocolate Cointreau Mousse Cake
Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 12760 times
The chocolate cointreau mousse is an amazing dessert recipe with the delicate white chocolate mousse along with a dash of Cointreau and honey. Truly an awesome tasting and appealing chocolate mousse cake recipe which is best reserved for special guests and festive occasions....
- Melt the chocolate in a pan with the milk and leave to cool.
- When cool, add the egg yolks, sugar and vanilla.
- Sift the flour, salt and baking powder together.
- Stir into the chocolate mixture.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff, not dry; and fold into the choco-late mixture.
- Preheat the oven to 180oc. bake for 50 minutes or till done.
- Melt the milk chocolate over a double boiler or in a microwave and then keep warm.
- whip the cream to a soft consis-tency and add the sugar-steeped orange zest and coin-treau.
- Fold half of the cream in to the milk chocolate and combine well.
- Now fold in the other half carefully. cut the chocolate sponge into three layers and sandwich with the orange chocolate cream.
- Sprinkle some cointreau onto the sponge to give some extra ''kick'' to the dessert.
- Refrigerate for three hours.
- Cut a piece of thick plastic that is approximately 20 cm high and fits exactly around the cake.
- Dust the sheet with a little cocoa powder and spread the chocolate in a very thin layer onto the plastic.
- Let it harden, then lift the chocolate sheet and wrap it very carefully around the cake.
- Allow it to set in the fridge
This recipe was contributed by bhuvanaygsr on 29 Apr 2002
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.