Chocolate Chiffon Pie ( Eggless Desserts Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 235 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 55475 times
Here is a rather different pie in which the crust is made of coconut. In the chocolate chiffon pie, chocolate mousse is set on a crusty thin coconut base, and garnished with whipped cream. When grating the coconut for the base, use a grater with medium-sized holes… if the coconut is too thickly or thinly grated, it will ruin the pie.
- Heat the coconut in a non-stick pan on a slow flame for approx. 5 to 7 minutes or till it evenly turns brown in colour, while stirring continuously.
- Add the sugar and butter, mix well and cook on a medium flame for another 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Spread the coconut mixture evenly on a 175 mm. (7") diameter loose bottom cake tin and press gently.
- Refrigerate for atleast 30 minutes and keep aside.
- Combine the chocolate and milk in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave on high for 30 seconds. Remove and mix well until no lumps remain.
- Strain the mixture using a sieve and keep aside.
- Combine the sugar and beaten whipped cream in a bowl and fold gently.
- Add the prepared chocolate–milk mixture and fold gently.
- Add the vanilla essence and honey and fold gently.
- Pour the chocolate mousse immediately over the coconut crust and spread it evenly using a palate knife.
- Refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours or till the pie sets.
- Demould the pie and cut into 6 equal wedges.
- Serve chilled garnished with beaten whipped cream.
- You can also melt the chocolate-milk mixture on a double boiler.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per wedge
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.