Chocolate Cheesecake ( Cheesecakes Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 99 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 92793 times
Show off your culinary skills by making this superb dessert. Don’t set yourself worrying though, because this is quite easy to make. The secret behind this cheesecake is the use of good quality dark chocolate, and melting the chocolate for the right span of time only. Even a slight variation in the melting time will cause the chocolate to get burnt and spoil the texture of the mixture. You can add to the specialty of this cheesecake by using chocolate biscuits with a touch of rum as a base.
- Place the biscuits on a butter paper or a rolling board and crush to a coarse powder with the help of a rolling pin.
- Transfer the crushed biscuit powder to a bowl, add the butter and mix well.
- Spread and press the mixture into the base of a 175 mm. (7") loose bottomed cake tin.
- Refrigerate for 10 minutes. Keep aside.
- Keep 4 tbsp of milk aside and boil the remaining milk in a deep pan.
- When the milk starts boiling, remove from the flame and add the lemon juice and wait for 2 minutes.
- Stir once and again wait for 2 minutes or till the milk is completely curdled, strain it with the help of a strainer and squeeze out all the excess water from the paneer.
- Combine the prepared paneer, 4 tbsp milk and sugar and blend in a mixer to a smooth paste.
- Transfer the paste into a bowl, add the cream cheese and mix well.
- Strain the prepared mixture with the help of a sieve and keep aside.
- Heat the cream in a non-stick pan and bring to boil, while stirring continuously.
- Remove from the flame, add the chocolate and mix gently to get a smooth mixture.
- Cool to room temperature and keep aside.
- Combine the chocolate and fresh cream in a deep microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for 50 seconds. Remove from the microwave and mix gently till no lumps remain.
- Strain the chocolate-cream mixture using a sieve.
- Add the vanilla essence and mix well.
- Add the basic cheesecake mixture and mix well.
- Add the beaten whipped cream and fold gently.
- Pour this mixture evenly on the prepared biscuit base and spread it evenly using a palate knife.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour or till the cheesecake sets.
- Once it is set, pour the chocolate ganache on the cheesecake and spread it evenly using a palate knife. Again refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Demould the cheesecake and garnish with white and dark chocolate squares, white chocolate triangles and vermicelli.
- Cut into 6 equal wedges and serve chilled.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.