Chocolate Almond Milk, Healthy Vegan Breakfast Recipe
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
चॉकलेट बादाम का दूध
- हिन्दी में पढ़ें (Chocolate Almond Milk, Healthy Vegan Breakfast Recipe in Hindi)
Added to 22 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 7491 times
While everybody is convinced about the health benefits of almond milk, especially for vegans and those on a heavy training/ workout regime, the price of most commercial brands puts us off!
Plus, some people do not like the bland taste of plain almond milk. Here is an easy-to-make but cost-effective Chocolate Almond Milk that tastes awesome and is sure to satiate you! We suggest you follow the recipe exactly as given because we have arrived at these proportions after significant trials.
Even slight changes like using cinnamon powder instead of whole cinnamon spoils the taste. In fact, it is the perfect blend of vanilla essence, whole cinnamon and cocoa powder that gives this almond milk its awesome flavour!
We have also used dates instead of sugar to sweeten this vegan breakfast shake in a healthy way. Apart from being a viable choice for vegans and lactose-intolerant people, this high protein and high calcium shake is also ideal for those on a training and exercise regime.
You can also try other recipes like Avocado Almond Milk Vegan Smoothie or Healthy Peanut Butter Blueberry Almond Milk Smoothie .
- Combine all the ingredients along with ¾ cup of cold water in a mixer.
- Blend till smooth.
- We have used whole cinnamon stick instead of cinnamon powder, as it gives a correct taste and consistency to the milk.
- We recommend a high quality a bullet blender or a vitamix. If the quality of the blender is not good it will not be smooth and there will be small almond pieces left. We have also not strained the milk.
- Refrigerate till use and serve chilled. It lasts good in the fridge for 3 days we have tested it.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per glass
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.