by MEENA SAVLA
This recipe has been viewed 2150 times
I am sure all the Chivda lovers will enjoy this ` CHIVDA RICE. A quick and easily prepared rice. Take care cooked rice is not mushy, each rice grain of the cooked rice should be separate. Cook the rice with salt, 1 teaspoon ghee and 1 teaspoon lemon juice.
Add your private note
Chivda Rice recipe - How to make Chivda Rice
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
Makes 2 serving
- Heat oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle add peanuts, cashewnuts, coconut flakes and roast till light brown in colour.
- Add the dariya, curry leaves, green chillies, red chillies, raisins, fennel seeds, sesame seeds and saute till well roasted.
- Add red chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander-cumin seeds powder, black salt, chivda masala (optional), chaat masala , mango powder and mix well.
- Add cooked rice, salt, sugar, fried onion slices and toss well.
- To serve, place the chivda rice on a serving plate and garnish with nylon sev, coriander, grated coconut and pomegranate.
- Serve hot with a lemon wedge.
This recipe was contributed by MEENA SAVLA on 07 Dec 2013
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.