Chitranna Rice ( Microwave Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 8 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 14482 times
Yellu podi chithranna, flavoured with a special variety of malgapodi (chilli-based powder), is a raging contrast to the mild, lemon-flavoured variety of chithranna that is everyday fare in Karnataka.
- Place the peanuts in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave on high for 3 minutes, stirring once in between after 1½ minutes. Keep aside to cool slightly.
- Add the sesame seeds, mix well and microwave on high for 2 minutes, stirring once in between after 1 minute. Keep aside to cool slightly.
- Combine the peanuts and sesame seeds and blend in a mixer to a coarse powder. Keep aside.
- Put the ghee in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave on high for 30 seconds.
- Add the mustard seeds and microwave on high for 1 minute.
- Add the chana dal, red chillies, curry leaves and asafoetida, mix well and microwave on high for 30 seconds.
- Add the cooked rice, coconut, tamarind pulp, turmeric powder, malgapodi, prepared peanut-sesame powder and salt, mix well and microwave on high for 3 minutes, stirring once in between after 1½ minutes.
- Serve immediately.
- For 2 1/4 cup of cooked rice, soak 3/4 cup of rice in enough water for 30 minutes and drain well. Combine the drained rice along with 1½ cups of hot water in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave on high for 8 minutes or till the rice is cooked well. Use as required.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||71.7 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||2.9 mg|
|Vitamin C||0.3 mg|
|Folic Acid||10.5 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.