Chinese Vegetable Trio Soup ( Diabetic Recipe )
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 48 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 43198 times
The trademark characteristics of a cuisine come not just out of the cooking and serving methods, but also thanks to the choice and nature of ingredients. Chinese cuisine uses a lot of vegetables, which in turn impart a shade of good health.
Here is a simple and delicious soup that proves this theory! This delicacy is absolutely low in calories and high in nutrients like folic acid and fibre. Use vegetable stock instead of water to enhance its taste. Served with soya sauce and vinegar, this is a great way to fire off a Chinese feast .
- Put the vegetable stock to boil in a deep pan, add the mushrooms, baby corn and carrots, mix well and boil for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the spinach leaves and salt, mix well and simmer for few more seconds.
- Add the oil, mix well and remove from the flame.
- Just before serving, add the soya sauce and vinegar.
- Serve immediately.
- It is highly recommended that this recipe be relished by diabetics only occasionally and in small quantities. This is just a mere ‘treat’ and does not qualify for a regular diabetic menu.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.