Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 5632 times
simple and light on stomach. a Chinese touch to our day to day Indian upma.
Add your private note
Chinese Upma recipe - How to make Chinese Upma
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
Makes 4 servings
- Heat half of the ghee in a deep kadhai and add the ginger, garlic, green chilies and saute the vegetables in it on high for a minute.
- Add half of five spice powder and mix well. Remove and keep aside.
- Heat the remaining ghee in same kadhai, add all whole spices, urad dal, dairya dal and roast the semolina in it until it gives nice aroma and slightly pinkish.
- Add water, balance half of five spice powder, salt and cook well.
- ADd the vegetable so that they remain crispy and mix it well.
- Serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by damyantiben on 18 Oct 2012
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.