Chinese Rice Topped with Creamy Vegetables ( Chinese Cooking )
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 57 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 25891 times
Steamed chinese rice tastes delicious when served along with a creamy vegetable sauce made of assorted veggies cooked in a milk and corn flour mixture. Keep the sauces and rice separate and pour the hot sauce on a serving of steaming hot rice just before eating. If you’re in the mood for a one-dish dinner, this is ideal. A sumptuous meal that you will relish till the last bite!
- Heat the oil in a wok or kadhai on a high flame till it smokes.
- Add the cauliflower, baby corn, capsicum, carrots, spring onions, cucumber and sauté on a high flame for 2 minutes.
- Combine the milk, cornflour and ½ cup of water in a bowl and mix well.
- Add to the vegetables, mix well and cook on a high flame for a minute (if the mixture is too thick, add a little more water).
- Add the sugar and salt and cook on a high flame for another few minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Place the rice in a serving dish, top with the creamy vegetables and serve immediately.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||590.4 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.6 mg|
|Vitamin C||18.9 mg|
|Folic Acid||15.4 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.