Added to 8 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 5921 times
Chinese doughnuts offers a delicious, tempting dessert treat to al sweet lovers. The Chinese fried doughnuts taste awesome and reminds you of the traditional Chinese local culture. Prepare these long, golden brown, sugar dusted Chinese doughnuts at home with this easy recipe.
- Take hot water and dissolve the sugar in it and then add the sherry.
- Allow to cool.
- Add baking powder to the flour and make a stiff dough of this(do not knead).
- Roll the dough to 1 1/2 inches in diameter.
- Cut this roll into 1/2 " slices and then flatten to 2" in diameter.
- Mix the coconut, peanuts and castor sugar together and place a tablespoon of this filling in the middle of each slice.
- Now bring the edge of each slice together and then roll it to form a ball.
- Put sesame seeds on a plate and roll each ball in it.
- Deep fry in the oil till golden brown.
- Serve at room temperature.
This recipe was contributed by sushila36 on 29 Jun 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.