by Aditya Vikram Shah
This recipe has been viewed 1554 times
These cookies are like the ones you'll find at the grocery store bakery. They have a chocolate center. You can make your own fudge icing
- In a bowl, cream together the sugar and shortening. Stir in the oil and vanilla extract. Beat until the mixture is fluffy and light.
- Combine the maida, baking soda and salt into the creamed mixture. The dough may be stiff and you may need to use your hands to mix.
- Roll the dough into a 15 inch long log and roll in the walnuts. Wrap and chill the dough for at least an hour or until firm.
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees celsius. Grease the cookie sheets.
- Unwrap the dough and cut into 1/2 inch slices. Place the slices a little apart on the greased cookie sheets.
- Bake the cookies for 10 to 15 mins in the oven at 175 degrees celsius. Allow to cool on the sheets before removing to wire racks to cool.
- In a double boiler, melt the chocolate chips and milk powder together till a uniform mixture.
- Remove from heat and add the icing sugar and mix well.
- Add a dollop of the frosting onto the centre of each cookie and allow to set.
- Frosting quantity mentioned can be used to frost 2 8-in cake layers.
This recipe was contributed by Aditya Vikram Shah on 31 Mar 2013I like to read books, listening to soft music and riding my bike along the river banks while its rai...
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.