Chinese Burger, Indian Style Veg Chinese Burger
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 70 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 48613 times
Chinese burger recipe | Indian style veg Chinese burger | easy Chinese style burger |
Chinese style burger is a great option for adult get-togethers and kitty parties. Learn how to make Indian style veg Chinese burger where ingredients are easily available in India.
In Indian style veg Chinese burger the spread makes use of schezuan sauce, to give a tangy, spicy touch, and cabbage leaves are used instead of lettuce to enhance the Chinese feel. The salad used in the burger is a slight variant of kung phao potatoes, and lends another unique point of view to this easy homemade burger.
To make chinese burger, first make the cutlets. For that heat the oil and saute the garlic, followed by spring onion whites and then all the chopped veggies. Add soya sauce, salt, potatoes and cook for 2 minutes. Make 4 round cutlets, dip each cutlet in the plain flour mixture and roll it in bread crumbs till it is evenly coated from all the sides. Heat the oil in a kadhai and deep-fry each cutlet till it turns golden brown in colour from both the sides. Drain and keep aside. For the salad, heat oil and saute spring onions. Saute potato fingers, salt, coriander and schezuan sauce and cook for 2 minutes. Combine the mayonnaise and schezuan sauce and make the schezuan-mayo spread. Then assemble the burger. Cut each burger bun into 2. Apply butter and cook them on tava. Place a lower half of the bun on a clean, dry surface with the buttered-spread side facing up. Place 1 lettuce leaf or cabbage leaf, capsicum ring and a cutlet over it. Spread a portion of the salad over it and cover an upper half of the bun with the buttered side facing down and press it lightly.
You would have heard of Chinese bhel, Chinese dosa, and so on… but definitely not a spicy Chinese burger! This unique recipe is sure to be a huge hit with any audience.
Tips for Chinese burger. 1. Finely chop the veggies for the cutlet so they cook faster. 2. Dip the cutlet in maida mixture and roll in bread crumbs well, else they will split during deep-frying. 3. The potatoes for the salad should be cut into medium sized fingers, and not very thin.
Serve Chinese style burger with a traditional Chinese salad – khimchi, for a well-rounded Chinese offering.
Enjoy Chinese burger recipe | Indian style veg Chinese burger | easy Chinese style burger | with video below.
- Heat the oil in a broad non- stick pan, add the garlic and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the spring onion whites and greens and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the french beans, carrot and capsicum and cook on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes or till the vegetables are cooked, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the soya sauce and chilli powder, mix well and cook on a medium flame for another minute.
- Add the potatoes and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 more minutes.
- Remove from the flame and keep aside to cool.
- Divide it into 4 equal portions and shape each portion into a circle of 75 mm. (3”) diameter and 1 cm thickness.
- Dip each cutlet in the plain flour mixture and roll it in bread crumbs till it is evenly coated from all the sides.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and deep-fry each cutlet till it turns golden brown in colour from both the sides. Drain on absorbent paper and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan and add the spring onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the potatoes, salt, coriander and schezuan sauce and sauté on a medium flame for another 2 minutes.
- Remove from the flame, divide it into 4 equal portions and keep aside.
- To make the chinese burger, cut each burger bun horizontally into two. Apply ½ tsp of butter on the insides of each half of the burger bun and toast them lightly on a tava (griddle). Keep aside.
- Apply 1 tbsp of the schezuan mayo spread on the buttered side of all the bun halves.
- Place a lower half of the bun on a clean, dry surface with the buttered-spread side facing up.
- Place 1 lettuce leaf or cabbage leaf, capsicum ring and a cutlet over it.
- Spread a portion of the salad over it and cover an upper half of the bun with the buttered side facing down and press it lightly.
- Repeat with the remaining ingredients to make 3 more burgers.
- Serve the chinese burger immediately with khimchi.
Chinese Burger Video by Tarla Dalal
Nutrient values per burger
|Vitamin A||648.4 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||1.9 mg|
|Vitamin C||33.9 mg|
|Folic Acid||18.2 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.