Chimichangas, Mexican Veg Chimichangas
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 201 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 31094 times
What samosa is to Indians, chimichanga is to Mexican . A popular dish is southwestern American cuisine, Chimichanga is basically deep-fried burritos with a filling of refried beans, topped with sour cream, tomatoes and guacamole.
You might need to make a trip to a specialty store to pick up some of these ingredients, but it is definitely worth the effort, because once you have all of it, the chimichangas can be prepared easily and enjoyed comfortably at home.
- Heat the refried beans and spoon about 2 tbsp onto the centre of each tortilla.
- Fold in the sides to make a parcel, making sure that all the filling is enclosed.
- Repeat for the remaining tortillas and beans to make more chimichangas.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan and when hot, put the chimichangas, folded side down first. Cook on both sides until crisp. Drain on absorbent paper.
- Spoon 1 tsp guacamole over the top of each chimichanga, 1 tsp sour cream over it. Sprinkle 2 tsp tomatoes on top.
- Repeat step 1 to top more chimichangas with guacamole, sour cream and tomatoes.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||170.3 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.7 mg|
|Vitamin C||4.8 mg|
|Folic Acid||6.9 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.