by Tarla Dalal
Added to 261 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 211724 times
Guaranteed excitement! Chilli Potatoes causes a thrilling burst of flavours in your palate with a combination of sauces, garlic, ginger and green chillies. Potatoes, cut into fingers, absorb the flavours of the sauces very well and mingle nicely with the crunchy spring onions as well, resulting in a tongue-tickling starter for your meal. The best part about Chilli Potatoes is that it can also be prepared quite easily, since it relies mostly on readymade sauces for flavouring.
- Heat the oil for deep-frying in a deep non-stick kadhai, add a few potato fingers at a time, deep-fry till they turn light brown in colour from all the sides. Drain on an absorbent paper. Keep aside.
- Combine the cornflour and ¼ cup of water in a bowl and mix well and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan or a wok, add the garlic, ginger and green chillies and sauté on a high flame for a few seconds.
- Add the spring onion whites and greens, tomato ketchup, chilli sauce, soya sauce, cornflour-water mixture and salt, mix well and cook on a high flame for a few seconds.
- Add the fried potato fingers, toss gently and cook on a high flame for 1 minute.
- Serve immediately garnished with spring onion whites and greens.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.