Chilli Pineapple Rice
by Anjana s chaturvedi
Added to 3 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 3431 times
A mildly spiced rice preparation with pineapple and bell peppers.
- Clean, wash and soak the rice for 20 minutes then drain the water and keep aside.
- Chop pineapple in small pieces and keep aside.
- Heat oil and ghee in a non-stick pan and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the green chillies and saute for 30 seconds.
- Add the capsicum and saute for a few seconds.
- Add the rice ,pineapple ,salt and chilli flakes, mix well and saute for more few seconds.
- Add 1/2 cup syrup from canned pineapple and 2 cups water, mix well and bring to boil.
- Cover and cook on slow flame for 10 minutes or till cooked completly.
- Serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by Anjana s chaturvedi on 07 Jul 2012I am Anjana Chaturvedi from Uttar Pradesh (India).Cooking is my passion and I am a vegetarian so I c...
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.