Chilli Paneer Wrap ( Wraps and Rolls)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 165 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 84277 times
Perk up the ever-popular chilli paneer with rice and stir-fried vegetables prepared in oriental style. The spiciness is enhanced by lacing it with sweet and sour sauce. Though elaborate, the experience is definitely worth the effort!
its only the prep time which is more…. The cooking time is very minimal. So finish your pre-preps and leave the actual cooking and assorting when guests arrive as making the chilli paneer too much in advance might render them chewy.
- Combine the cornflour, plain flour, soya sauce, baking powder, salt and approx. ¼ cup of water in a bowl and mix well to make a smooth batter.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai on a medium flame and dip the paneer pieces in the prepared batter and deep-fry till they are golden brown in colour from all sides. Drain on absorbent paper and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a deep pan, add the ginger, garlic, celery, spring onion whites and green chillies and sauté on a high flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the capsicum and sauté on a medium flame for a few more seconds.
- Add the soya sauce, sugar, cornflour paste and salt, mix well and simmer for a minute, while stirring continuously.
- Add the fried paneer, toss well and cook on a on a medium flame for another minute. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a wok on a high flame, add the ginger and onion whites and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients, except the spring onion greens, mix all and sauté on a high flame for another 3 minutes.
- Add the spring onion greens, mix well and keep aside.
- Place a roti on a clean dry surface and arrange a portion of the stir-fried vegetables in a row in the centre of the roti.
- Arrange 3 chilli paneer pieces and spread 1 tbsp of sweet and sour sauce over it and roll it up tightly.
- Repeat with the remaining ingredients to make 3 more wraps.
- Wrap a tissue paper around each wrap and serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per wrap
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.