Chilles Tropical Cheesecake
by nisha m rania
Added to 4 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 7419 times
1.if cream cheese is not available then one can substitute it with cottage cheese.
2. let the cheese cake in the refrigerate cool overnight or atleast for 5 hours.
3. when ready to serve the cheesecake, pull it out of the fridge for atleast half an hour before at room temperature, and when cutting the cheesecake, run the hot water over the knife to cut the cheese cake easily and clean it after every slice other slices come out tidy looking.
4.cut very thin slice as this is quite a filling cake.
one can use any kind of fruit, depending on availability.
- Crush biscuits until fine crumbs. melt butter and mix into biscuit crumbs.
- Press into the base of a 20cm round springform tin.
- Refrigerate until set.
- Decorating with remaining cream and pulp from passionfruit.
- Drain pineapple, reserving 1 cup of juice. pour juice into a saucepan. sprinkle gelatin over and leave for 5 minutes to soften and swell.
- Heat until gelatin has dissolved then let it cool.
- Soften cream cheese and beat with cottage cheese, coconut cream and sugar until creamy.
- Mix in partially set pineapple juice, pineapple and passionfruit pulp.
- Pour this filling into the tin and refrigerate until set.
This recipe was contributed by nisha m rania on 25 Feb 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.