Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 3436 times
Chilled idli presents an innovative snack or chaat recipe with the idlis topped with beaten curd and chilled. The chilled idlis with curd are then topped with fried chillies, grated carrots and chopped coriander leaves. A cool snack to beat the summer heat.
Add your private note
Chilled Idli recipe - How to make Chilled Idli
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
1 hoursMakes 2 servings
- Whisk the curds adding a cup of water and salt and mix well.
- Heat 1/2 tbsp oil in a kadhai and add the mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the asafoetida and pour this tempering to the curds.
- Keep half the curds mixture aside.
- Soak the idlis in the other half of the curd mixture and refrigerate to chill.
- Heat the remaining oil in a pan, add the chillies and saute for 1 minute.
- Place the soaked idlis in an attractive platter, cover them wih the remaining curd mixture and spread the fried chillies over them.
- Garnish with grated carrots and coriander.
- Serve immediately.
This recipe was contributed by sonia_thamman on 23 Aug 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.