Chilled Garden Sandwich
Added to 6 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 3289 times
A summer special sandwich recipe with garden fresh vegetables and potatoes added as filling. The Chilled garden sandwich is laden with great taste , appealing looks and rich health benefits.
Add your private note
Chilled Garden Sandwich recipe - How to make Chilled Garden Sandwich
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
- Take a shallow dish and pour some yogurt to cover it evenly. arrange your sandwiches in this dish.
- Butter the bread and keep aside. meanwhile prepare the chutney by grinding all of the ingredients for chutney and adding little water if necessary. season with salt.
- Blend yogurt with enough water to get a lassi like (not very thin) consistency. add sugar, add more if yogurt is too sour.
- Smear the butterd slices with chutney.
- Add salt and pepper to the poatoes and spread 1/4 on one slice of each sandwich.
- Put grated beet, then grated carrot.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Finish by putting tomatoes and cucumber.
- Place the top slice of the sandwich.
- Pour yogurt on the sandwiches to coat evenly.
- Sprinkle with cumin or chaat masala.
- Chill before serving.
This recipe was contributed by jums on 31 Oct 2002
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.