Added to 5 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 15644 times
Tasty and unique chikku burfi recipe at tarladalal.com. The barfi is cooked with condensed milk, chikku fruit puree,sugar and crushed dry fruits. A special dessert for festivals and parties and a favorite among children for its delectable fresh chicku flavour.
- Peel the chikku skins and deseed them
- Pour milk in nonstick kaddai,bring it to boil.
- Add peeled chikkus. boil and stir the milk evaporates.
- Add sugar and heat till sugar melts
- Add khoya and heat. stir well till it gets miex on slow flame
- Add cardamom powder and mix well.
- Place the contents in a greased platce or tin.
- Garnish with nut flakes & silver foil.
- Cut into desired shapes and serve.
This recipe was contributed by vazhelil on 05 Dec 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.