This recipe has been viewed 8080 times
Chidambaram kotsu is a south indian vegetable dish with brinjals and gourds cooked together with sambhar powder, tamarind pulp and grated coconut. Relish with hot steamed rice.
Add your private note
Chidabaram Kotsu recipe - How to make Chidabaram Kotsu
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
Makes 2 servings
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and add the mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the onions and saute till they turn transparent.
- Add the tomatoes and brinjals, mix well and cook for 5 minutes, stirring at regular intervals.
- Add the salt, turmeric powder, asafoetida, green chillies and tamarind pulp, mix well and bring to a boil.
- When the brinjals are almost cooked, add the sambhar masala and jaggery and mix well and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by dipsy73 on 23 Aug 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.