Added to 12 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 25601 times
Chickoo halwa is a chickoo flavored mouth watering sweet dish prepared from grated chiku fruit slices cooked with sugar, mava and spices like cardamom. A delicious dessert dish which can be served as a snack or after meal sweet! chickoo halwa is a popular dessert served on special occasions, garnished with chopped nuts.
- Peel and mash the chickoos.
- Heat a kadhai and cook the chickoos for 5 minutes.
- Add the sugar, mix well and cook till the mixture becomes dry.
- Remove from the flame and add mava and mix well.
- Then pour into a dish and sprinkle powdered cardamoms.
- Spread silver paper.
- Serve immediately.
This recipe was contributed by 00000 on 23 Aug 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.