Chick Pea and Soya Tikkis ( Recipe For Bright Vision)
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 286 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 41038 times
The ever-popular tikki reinvents itself as an elixir of good health! Made with protein and fibre rich ingredients like soya granules and chick peas, this delicious tikki is brimful of vitamin B1, zinc and iron, all of which help to strengthen the eye muscles and improve blood circulation to the eye tissues. The Chick Pea and Soya Tikki doubles up as a treat to your taste buds, with the spiky flavours of mint, ginger and green chillies. Enjoy these delectable tikkis hot and fresh on a cool, rainy day!
- Soak the soya granules in enough hot water for 10 to 15 minutes. Drain and squeeze out all the water.
- Combine the soya granules, kabuli chana and mint leaves and blend in a mixer to a coarse mixture without using water.
- Transfer the mixture into a bowl, add the ginger-green chilli paste, garlic paste and salt and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 10 equal portions and shape each portion into 50 mm. (2”) flat, round and thin tikkis.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle), grease it using ¼ tsp of oil and cook the tikkis, a few at a time, using ? tsp of oil till they turn golden brown in colour from both the sides.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per tikki
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.