Chick Pea and Mint Waffle
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 23 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 16202 times
Every bit of this delightful waffle is a crunchy, mind-boggling experience. Indeed, the Chickpea and Mint Waffle is a breakfast with a difference. A batter of crushed chickpeas and mint results in a tasty and wholesome waffle that is chock-full of fibre, vitamin A and protein, all of which are nutrients essential for a great start to the day!
- Combine all the ingredients except the fruit salt, along with ½ cup of water in a bowl and mix well. Cover and keep aside for 15 minutes.
- Add more ½ cup of water and mix well.
- Pre-heat the waffle iron till red hot.
- Add the fruit salt to the batter and sprinkle 2 tsp of water over it. When the bubbles form, mix gently.
- Divide the batter into 5 equal portions.
- Lightly grease the waffle iron with ¼ tsp of oil and pour one portion of the batter into each of the 2 moulds and cook, using ¼ tsp of oil, for 8 to 10 minutes or till the waffle is crisp and golden brown from both the sides.
- Repeat with the remaining batter to make 3 more waffles.
- Serve immediately with nutritious green chutney.
- Soak ½ cup of kabuli chana (white chick peas) and coarsely crush them to get 1 cup of soaked and coarsely crushed kabuli chana
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per waffle
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.