Chick Pea Soup
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 15 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 18420 times
Lebanese know how to use their favourite chick peas in all possible manner. Presenting here is a soup made from this lentil which is flavoured with the spicy baharat powder and enriched with fragrant cardamom.
- Heat the ghee in a broad pan, add cardamoms and sauté for about 30 seconds.
- Add the onions and garlic and sauté till the onions turn golden brown.
- Add the potatoes, tomatoes, baharat, salt and 4 cups of water and cook it till the potatoes are tender.
- Add the tomato purée, lemon juice, kabuli chana and parsley. Mix well and simmer for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Serve hot garnished with cheddar cheese.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.