Chick Pea Soup ( Soup Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 44 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 23464 times
Chick pea soup, hmm loose yourself in this luscious soup, which is flavoured luxuriously with spicy baharat powder and enriched with fragrant cardamom. The only pre-prep you need to do is soaking the chick peas.
- Combine all the ingredients in a kadhai and dry roast on a slow flame for 3 to 4 minutes or till they release a pleasant aroma. Keep aside to cool.
- Blend in a mixer to a fine powder and use as required. Store in an air-tight container.
- Heat the ghee in a pressure cooker, add the cardamom, onions and garlic and sauté on a medium flame till the onions turn translucent.
- Add the tomatoes, potatoes and drained kabuli chana, mix well and cook on a medium flame for a minute, while stirring continuously.
- Add the baharat powder, salt and 4 cups of hot water, mix well and pressure cook on a high flame for 2 whistles.
- Lower the flame and pressure cook for another whistle.
- Allow the steam to escape using natural release method,(refer handy tip) before opening the lid.
- Add the tomato purée, lemon juice and coriander, mix well and simmer for another minute, stirring once in between.
- Serve hot with bread sticks.
- Natural release method: to use this method, remove the pressure cooker from the hot burner and let the pressure drop by cooling down naturally. It works best for grains and for beans that you might use for salads, as quick-releasing the pressure can cause the beans to split apart.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.