Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 5983 times
A filling Maharashtrian dish made with thick channa gravy and aloo poha.
- Soak channa for eight to nine hours.
- Boil soaked channa in cooker till 3 to 4 whistle.
- Heat oil in a pan, add small cut onions deep fry till light brown add garlic and chilli paste and add channa mirchi powder garam masala , salt 3/4 cup water and boil on low flame till 8 minutes.
- Heat oil and add rai, jeera hing and cut potato in small pieces and allow it cook on low flame the add onion t it,
- Meanwhile soak poha for 1/2 hour then add sugar, lemon, salt, haldi to poha mix well.
- Once onion and potatoes are cooked add green chilli to it and poha mixture and cook well.
- Take a plate.
- Put poha in it.
- Add chhana bhaji and little rasa of it.
- Then put chiwda , sev , coriander and onoin to it.
- Serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by hlalka on 24 May 2006
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.