Chettinad Curry ( South Indian Recipes )
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 176 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 125330 times
Here's a spicy curry from tamilnadu that tastes best with steamed rice. The chettinad masala for this curry can even be made a week in advance and stored in air-tight bottles.
Add your private note
Chettinad Curry ( South Indian Recipes ) recipe - How to make Chettinad Curry ( South Indian Recipes )
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
Makes 4 servings
- Heat the oil in a pan and fry the chettttinad masala ingredients till you get a roasted aroma. Keep aside.
- Soak the poppy seeds and cashewnuts in hot water for 5 minutes.
- Drain, add the ginger and garlic and grind with the roasted chettinad masala and ¼ cup water to make a fine paste. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai, add the onions and saute till the onions turn translucent.
- Add the tomatoes, salt, turmeric powder and chilli powder and cook till the tomatoes are well blended with the masala and the oil seperates from the sides.
- Add the ground paste and curry leaves and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add 1 cup of water and vegetables,cover and cook till the gravy thickens.
- Add the coconut milk,mix well and simmer for 2 to 3 minutes. Serve hot.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.