Chettinaad Mushroom Curry
by Jaya Chari
Added to 11 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 9796 times
This delicacy from Chettinaad with a modern twist that is tangy and spicy taste. Its great with rice and nans.
- Dry roast red chili, black pepper corns, poppy seeds and chana dal until they are golden brown in colour.Allow it to cool.
- Blend them together in a mixer till smooth.
- Heat oil in a deep pan, add asafoetida,curry leaves,mushrooms and salt
- Cook the mushrooms on a medium flame till they leave water or become soft, add the prepared powder and toss it well.
- Dissolve the tamarind paste to 1/2 cup water.Add the tamarind water
- Let this cook for 10 min
- Serve it will fried rice, naan or appam
This recipe was contributed by Jaya Chari on 10 Apr 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.