Chess & Checkers
Added to 3 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 1971 times
An eye catching Chess & checkers with white and brown bread squares placed alternately, this sandwich recipe resembles a chess board. An incredibly creamy and tasteful mixture comprising of boiled potatoes, mayonnaise, full cream, salt, celery leaves, pepper and mustard powder is added in between the slices and served in layers.
Add your private note
Chess & Checkers recipe - How to make Chess & Checkers
Preparation Time: 10 Mins Cooking Time: 10 Mins Total Time:
- Leaving the bread, mix all the ingredients properly.
- Keep this mixture in the fridge for about half an hour to set and chill.
- After it is set, spread the mixture evenly on white bread till it covers the entire slice properly. cover with the other white slice (as it is done in sandwiches).
- Repeat this with the brown bread too.
- Now lightly flatten the sandwiches with your palm and cut into 9 squares , giving it two horizontal cuts and two vertical cuts.
- Arrange the squares on a plate that they look like a
- Chess board (one white square and one brown square).
- Serve them cold with tomato or chilli sauce.
This recipe was contributed by MEETS21 on 03 Jun 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.