Cherry Tomatoes In Tomato Gravy
Added to 3 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 22528 times
An interestingly unique vegetable dish, the Cherry tomatoes in tomato gravy make for a lovely side dish with any breads of choice. The small, plump and red hued cherry tomatoes are simmered in a tomato puree along with seasonings and served hot with chopped cilantro as garnish.
Add your private note
Cherry Tomatoes In Tomato Gravy recipe - How to make Cherry Tomatoes In Tomato Gravy
Preparation Time: 15 Min Cooking Time: 10 Min Total Time:
- Prepare a dry mixture of dhalia, green chilies, and ginger. keep aside
- In a bowl mix the following ingredients:
- A.dry mixture of dahlia, green chilies, ginger.
- B.½ bunch of coriander
- C.2 tsp fresh grated coconut
- D.2 tsp dhana jheera powder
- E.2 tsp red chili powder
- F.1 tsp garam masala
- G.salt as desired
- Heat one tbsp oil.
- When hot add to the above mixture. the mixture should be dry and wetted only with oil.
- Cut the cherry tomatoes vertically…but don’t break them into 2 pieces.
- Slit them open and remove the pulp.
- Add that to the dry mixture.
- Cherry tomatoes normally have very little pulp.
- Start filling the cherry tomatoes with the above mixture.
- Leave the tomatoes in the mixture itself.
- Keep any leftover mixture with the tomatoes.
- Make the following gravy:
- A.1 big tomato
- B.green onions
- Heat the remaining oil…and add the ingredients mentioned under tempering
- When done…add the tomato gravy.
- When cooked (oil should start coming up)…add this to the cherry tomato mixture in a glass bowl.
- Mix properly, cover and cook in the microwave for 5 minutes.
- If you don’t have a microwave you can add the cherry tomatoes into the gravy on the gas and let cook…only be careful that the tomatoes don’t overcook and become very soggy.
- Add a spoon of cream and mix thoroughly.
- Microwave again for a minute.
- Serve hot and enjoy !!!!!
This recipe was contributed by cdtanna on 19 Aug 2002
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.