Added to 3 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 7333 times
This dish goes very well with rasam and was my mother's masterpiece delicacy!
- Clean the yam,remove skin and dice it into small cubes of 1" approximately.
- Cut green chillies into small rings and ginger into small pieces.add to the yam.
- Pressure cook yam and toor dal in cooker in separate vessels for 4-5 whistles.
- Remove yam from cooker. extract juice of tamarind and recook yam in this juice for 3-4 minutes. grind coconut to a coarse paste. add this paste and the cooked toor dal to the yam.
- Season with 2-3 drops of coconut oil and curry leaves.
This recipe was contributed by praksuj on 11 Dec 2006
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.