This recipe has been viewed 3920 times
Delve into the delicious era of cakes and puddings with dessert recipe like Cheesecake orange. Cheese cake, cakes at tarladalal.com
Add your private note
Cheezecake Orange recipe - How to make Cheezecake Orange
Preparation Time: Preparation Time : 15 mins. Cooking Time: Cooking Time : 40 mins. Total Time:
- Sieve the flour, baking powder and soda bi-carbonate together.
- Mix the flour mixture, condensed milk, melted butter, vanilla essence and 75 ml. of water in a bowl, using a whisk.
- Pour this mixture into a greased and dusted 150 mm. (6") diameter tin.
- Bake in a hot oven at 200°c (400°f) for 10 minutes. then reduce the temperature to 150°c (300°f) and a bake for a further 15 minutes.
- The cake is ready when it leaves the sides of the tin and is springy to touch. when ready, remove from the oven and leave for 1 minute.
- Invert the tin over a rack.
- Cool the cake.
- Dissolve the agar agar in 1/4 cup of water and bring to a boil over gentle heat. keep warm.
- In a large bowl, mix together the curds, orange zest, squash, melted chocolate and whisk till it is smooth. keep aside.
- In another bowl, whisk the cream, sugar and vanilla essence till soft peaks form.
- Add the warm agar agar solution into the curds mixture and mix well.
- Fold in the whipped cream and mix gently.
- Slice the cake into 2 portions horizontally.
- Place one slice in a loose bottomed cake tin and sprinkle some soaking syrup.
- Pour the cheesecake mixture over the sponge.
- Place the other layer of the sponge on top and soak with the remaining soaking syrup.
- Refrigerate for 4 hours or till it sets.
- Unmould and serve chilled, garnished with orange segments.
This recipe was contributed by vishakha_p on 28 May 2002
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.